Saturday, June 12, 2010

Haii

(:
Hmm, so I have decided I am going to do a twice weekly music, book, and movie review thingie once every two weeks.
Its something to keep me going, y'know?

Music;:

B.o.b -
He did the song with Hayley Williams&&Eminem called "Airplanes" and I must say, I am loving his sound. Its very...chill and makes me happy. Its got kind of a poppy sound with a rap sound and I am loving itt. He is really amazing and you guys should check out his other music, not just Airplanes, eventhough it is an AMAZING song.

Whitechapel - I absolutely love this band. They're grindcore and their sound isn't the typical grindcore sound like Chelsea Grin and bands like that. The percussion is AMAZING and all the songs off of the This Is Exile album make me jizz all over the place.


Alesana - I have been listening to a lot of them lately, especially their songs The Thespian&&Obsession Is Such An Ugly Word&&Seduction. I absolutely adore the lead singer, not screamer's, voice. It has a very good tone and it just matches the screamer's screaming very well.

OLD My Chemical Romance- As in Demolition Lovers, Skylines and Turnstiles, Drowning Lessons, and just every other pre-Black Parade and Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. I am a HUGE My Chemical Romance fan and I adore Gerard's writing style but their older music is just a lot more emotional and has a much different sound to it.


Movies;:

Cravings - Its a horror movie I discovered a few days ago while fucking around on On Demand. Its a British film which means British dialect, which I loooovvvveee. Its about a girl that is put in therapy initially for self harm and then it turns out the reason she does it is that she has an insatiable thirst for human blood. It is SUPER gory and kind of disturbing, especially towards the end.

Awake - Its a horror movie about anesthesia awareness which is a phenomena that happens when one is put under anesthetic while undergoing surgery but you wake up but because of the amount of muscle relaxers you're completely paralyzed but you feel all of the pain. Its really amazing and you wouldn't think it would be that scary, but it really is.


Books;:

The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod - I've been reading this series for a while and I am on the third book at the moment, Tenth Grade Bleeds. It documents the situation of a young teenage boy who is half vampire, half human. It's really difficult to describe so I think you would need to check it out fer yourself(:

Th1rteen R3asons Why - I read this book months ago like in the 2nd trimester of 7th grade but I am still in LOVE with it. It is seriously one of the best books I have ever read. Its about a young girl who commits suicide and then leaves thirteen tapes explaining why. Its very very well written and although its depressing, its really...just...really REALLY good.

Kay well I'm done now.

Love&&Stitches,
Lyndsey.

2 comments:

  1. Eminem isn't in the song with Hayley Williams and B.o.b xD.
    Or is there like a remix? Errr something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ The version that isn't on the radio Eminem is in. There's two versions, but they aren't remixes xD. I personally like the one with Eminem more(:

    ReplyDelete