Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween.

October 31st.
Yes, today is Halloween.
Halloween's origin has its roots in the Roman feast of Pomona, the goddess of fruits and seeds and harvesting, the festival of the dead Parentalia, but is more linked to Samhain, a Celtic festival.
The ancient Celts believed the border between this world and the Underworld or Otherworld became thin on Samhain, allowing all kinds of spirits to pass through.
Halloween is my favourite holiday.
I've loved it since I was little.
I usually like things on the darker or strange side. You know, horror films and such.
I hate some of the things that time has done to it.
Don't get me wrong, I love the majority of it. But some small things I don't.
The "sexy" costumes the most though. Gah! I hate them.
A year ago my opinion would have been VERY different, but seeing as I've kind of broadened my horizons past the E! Network and Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears.
Anyway.
I'm going to be a Punk Rock Zombie ;D.
Happy Halloween.
From The Mind Of,
Lyndsey.

No comments:

Post a Comment