I am so fucking emo.
I listen to 30 Seconds to Mars and cut myself.
And I wear a fake lip ringggg.
And I cry when I watch Animal Planet because the animals are so free and I'm not.
I'm like a bird in a cage trapped.
And I can't breathe.
Its suffocating me dry.
I'm so emo.
God.
Somebody rub lemur blood all over me.
And let it soak in.
So I can have the power of Gerard Way.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I. Hate. Emo. Kids.
I really fucking do.
I don't have a problem with you if you have the "emo" look, but if you call yourself emo, I fuckinghateyou.
Like seriously.
Emo is a type of music. Not a person.
Lets look up the definition of emo (music].
Sweet god...the amount of definitions that should be saved for the avril lavigne fans...
People use the term emo music as a narrow minded attempt at attempting to categorize emotional music as 'everything that sounds like fall out boy'. It ain't. Here are the genres/musicians that could be referred to as 'emo', 'emo orientated' or perhaps 'crap' if you don't like it.
1980s hardcore/soulful punk: People argue that this laid the base for most 'emo' and it does share very similar qualities to more commercial forms we have today. Catchy guitar lyrics, rough lyrics dealing with love, unhapiness, anandonment, hatred, disullision, longer running times ( unlike all other forms of hardcore punk at the time ) etc. I would cite Husker Du's Zen Arcade as the best example of this era, but Rites of spring are another brilliant band.
Early 90s/90s screamo: As an off-shoot of emo this is included. Bands in the early 90s took emo on to more fast, distorted, screamed and abstract horizons. You can easily recognise alot of this music by these qualities but running times varied alot ( indian summer's track 12 ran for 17 minutes, where as jerome's dream songs ran for much shorter ), lyrics may be intelligible at parts or not atall, there may be huge intros or guitar riffs lasting the majority of the songs thrashed and or melodic. Indian summer, jerome's dream, joshua fit for battle, swing kids are examples. Modern pop punk should not be confused with this genre under pain of death.
I didn't even fucking read that.
But I'm assuming it will support me.
Lmfao.
Anyway.
I hate you Savanah.
I hate you Zach, just kidding, ily♥ but just because you're cool.
I hate you Haley.
I hate fucking every single one of you little emo kids.
Goodfuckingbye.
No comments:
Post a Comment